Saturday, April 21, 2012

funny question about the bedding!

As I searched for a hotel, I noticed alot of the bedding seems minimal. Like just a light feather bed, not bedspread, blankets, etc. Not that I am looking for frills but just wondering about the culture I guess.




|||



Hi


Most hotels just have a sheet and a contintal quilt, the only hotel I can think of that still have blankets is the Hilton and I%26#39;m not 100% sure of that.


I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll find it plenty warm enough, quite often the hotel rooms are so heated that even in mid winter you have to open a window.


It%26#39;s a long time since blankets and coverlets were the standard bedding in Europe.


Have a good trip


Jackie




|||



Jackie is right. Cannot remember the last time I stayed in a hotel in Europe outside of England thta did not have sheets and duvet as bedding.



As for comfort of the beds/ mattresses / bed linen, you obviously get what you pay for. In other words, don%26#39;t generally expect a 100 Euro per night hotel to give you the same comfort as a four or five star hotel




|||



Thanks Peb, we are staying at the U karlova mostu, I hope it%26#39;s comfy, it looks like it.




|||



Actually in France and Italy I still see the blankets and coverlets in my travels, that may be why my hotels bedding looked so skimpy. I am sure it will be fine. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment