Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zivkov >

Hi





I have just booked my hotel ( Bily Lev in Zivkov) and just wondered if there any recomended places to drink and eat.



We have been to this hotel before and while we found some cool bars there seemed to be a lack of of good food.





Cheers





Chris




|||



Good food and Zizkov don%26#39;t really go together in the same sentence - it is too poor an area. You are close enough at the Bily lev to catch the tram to the centre of town (15 minutes) to eat there.





If you are determined to eat in Zizkov, El Puerto on Vlkova (about 10 minutes walk from the Bily Lev) isn%26#39;t haute cuisine, but it will fill you up and the restaurant at the hotel U Tri Korunek further down the street from the Bily Lev has a reasonable restaurant when it is not full up with coach parties




|||



I live in Zizkov and generally go into the centre or across to Vinohrady to eat. The trams are safe and frequent.




|||



I live in Zizkov as well. I live on Konevova Street off the old part, but I know the area well. Very good steak restaurant is KURE V HODINKACH, it is just straight up the hill from the hotel on Seifertova street. In English the restaurant is called CHICKEN IN THE WATCH/CLOCK. I reallly enjoyed every meal I had there. I have been there at least times. Another good restaurant close to the hotel Bily lev is Planeta Zizkov (planet zizkov). If you do not mind classic beer pub definitely go to DOBRA TREFA (great shot), which is a bit filthy but good food. I have never benn to the Three Crowns restaurant that is on the bottom of the street, but it looks great from outside.




|||



Thanks very much for your help, I will certainly check out a few of those places, I love some of the bars in the area there is one a few doors down from the hotel where we were made to feel very wellcome last time and then another 5 mins or so away which was a strange combination of a bar with a pole dancer in the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment