Saturday, April 21, 2012

Torii

You were asking about Salzburg on the Salzburg forum. For what it is worth, read my comments on the Prague forum under the thread %26quot;Prague Vienna Budapest Salzburg, Hallstadt%26quot;. Salzburg is overpiced and full or tourists, especially this year with Mozart%26#39;s 250th. You can get a much better deal and have space to breathe staying by the lakes 30 minutes away by very efficient postbus service




|||



Thanks Peb



Yes I am looking at salzburg purely for the fact that squeezing an extra trip in to Prague in December I thought it was a bit soon to go back in January .Problem is as I said to my girls last night ,am I going to get withdrawel symptoms if I dont go?!



I am still not convinced that it is the right thing to do and do not know anything about Salzburg apart from they get lots of snow which I love and our first 2 visits to Prague we had loads but the last 3 years we did not get much.But like a lot of other forum members I am under Prague%26quot;s spell.



I will take on board what you have said on your other thread and will look further afield just for curiositys sake!!!



Have a good trip to Milan.



TORII




|||



Torii. Most of my comments were based on summer rather than winter (where the lakes villages are also ski resorts and therefore price difference between these and Salzburg city is not as high)




|||



Understood,Thanks



TORII




|||



Sorry to butt in but I%26#39;m having Prague withdrawl at the moment. Was September when we were last there.




|||



I suppose I have no excuse [at the moment] I have been twice since september,two weeks ago today I was on Charles Bridge in -17 temps not that I minded!



I really feel for you Sarah,are you deffinately going for new year?[Do you think people think we are mad planning so far ahead?!!!!]



TORRI




|||



Just to make you jealous, I%26#39;m planning to go to Prague on Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday and .... Different though when you live here; you spend your time thinking about how to get away from the place




|||



sorry but i have got to butt in also, i was only there new years eve and already i am thinking when can i go back, i am sure there is something you can take to stop this longing??.





Anyway sarah, i thought you were hooked on the yellow hotel near the bridge and now you are talking of changing.



dave




|||



Dave there is something you can take---------



Another trip back!!!



Perhaps we ought to form a self help group for Prague addicts only!!!!




|||



I was thinking of the one on Kampa Island but found a really good price to the Riverside which has amazing reviews, and of course is a member of the small luxury hotels group. So tempted by that but concerned that its not as central.





Keep trying to go to other places but always go back to Prague. Dropping huge hints for my birthday at end of March. Went to New York for New Year just gone wasn%26#39;t disappointed but wished we were in Prague.





Who%26#39;s going to be self help group leader?




|||



Go for the riverside. If anything, you haven%26#39;t stayed there before and the luxury compared with your normal haunt will more than make up for the distance you need to travel into town

No comments:

Post a Comment