Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wedding requirements, etc

I am planning a trip to Prague this Spring to get married. We are coming from the US. I am hoping someone has a concise list of the requirements, paperwork, etc. It is just going to be the 2 of us (and maybe my parents), no actual wedding, so I wasn%26#39;t sure that the Prague weddings site was what we need. Has anyone done this or is doing this? Do you have any idea what the time frame for getting the documents and all that may be? We were sort of planning for May but I fear we may be too late. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I lived in Prague 10 years ago for about a year and feel fairly familiar with the area but not certain. Thanks.




|||



My friends from the States used www.prag-event.de, they have specialized on weddings and have all the contacts.




|||



piper08. Firstly, you need more than the two of you and your parents, as you need 2 people who are not immmediate relatives to sign the register as witnesses.





Second. I think you will be really pushed for May. Prague weddings may have given you a long list of paperwork that is needed, but I would doubt that it is not more than the minimum. You need a lot of paperwork, which needs to be notarised, super legalised and translated into Czech and some of it must be no older than 60 days (if it goes over the limit, you need to provide a new original). We actually postponed our own wedding completely because we were not going to make the paperwork deadline required.





Third, if it is Old Town Hall in the central square in Prague, this is booked up for many months ahead - May is a favourite month for Czechs to get married - first warm month after the winter.





You really cannot arrange a wedding from outside of this country unless you are prepared to keep flying over here and deal with Czech bureaucrats yourself.





If you don%26#39;t like Prgaue Weddings, and you need to like and trust the people you are dealing with, as well as the contact Martina has provided, try White Prague Wedding Agency - www.destination-wedding.cz, Adam a Eva - www.adameva.cz or Prague wedding planners - www.pragueweddingplanners.com




|||



Thank you for your advice. It wasn%26#39;t that I did not like Prague weddings, I just meant that I am not planning an actual %26quot;wedding%26quot;, with lots of guests, flowers, music and all that. It was my understanding that this is what the prague weddings site is for, but apparently I am wrong. I will look into it further.



Thank you again for your help. I will begin to look into alternatives or different time frames.




|||



Any wedding agency worth their salt should be able to provide you with services which suits the scale of wedding you need. If they don%26#39;t, you are right to look somewhere else.





May is still doable, but you need to start with the paperwork your end almost immediately (as with some matters, the Czech end cannot start until they have received the necessary translated and stamped paperwork from abroad)




|||



As for the witnesses, the organisors can help you out with that too.




|||



I used Prague weddings and can highly recommend them. We felt they were worth it purely for taking all the hassle away from us and dealing with the paperwork. I think they can just organise the ceremony if thats all you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment