Friday, March 30, 2012

Public Toilets

Are there many public toilets in Prague and are they clean?




|||



???




|||



there aren%26#39;t many public toilets around, and whilst they are not spotlessly clean, most are clean enough. There are toilets in the castle complex, some in the old town hall, some on Ulhelny Trh near the bottom of Wenceslas Square, and some in the upper floor of the Myslbek shopping centre on Na Porici street, but most people use toilets in hotels, bars and fastfood restaurants and look confident when they walk in.





Some people take their own toilet paper as well, but that depends if you are sensitive in that area.




|||



cheers peb



:)




|||



Pingrid. Do they not have public toilets in Norway, or are that what the fjords are for?




|||



I hope people come to Norway for visiting the fjords not the public toilets. I did%26#39;nt mean to be rude above, I were just thinking that sunshade maybe were at a wrong forum :) But Peb you impress me about your knowledge about Prague, not just history, fine culture, but also the location of public toilets. Keep up the good work!




|||



Only joking about the fjords. I come to norway for the mountains, the fjords, the clean air and environment, the Holmenkollen, all of them wonderful. Shame everything is so expensive




|||



In my experience, the public toilets are well kept - usually with an attendant. They are not free however, costing anything from 5kr up to 20kr.





Incidentally, my husband used to nip into MacDonalds on Wensceslas Square. He must not have been the only one because now they charge too!!




|||



Well Pingrid..thanks for your comments ....unfortunately not everyone is totally able bodied and sorry to have to spell it out to you but toilets are an important thing for me regarding health matters which I will not bore you with the details. So I consider my question a valid one. Perhaps you do not need the toilet ever ....are you an alien?



Thanks Peb for your helpful advice again..



:)




|||



Just back from a week in Prague.there are plenty of toilets about all marked %26quot;WC%26quot; some better then others but nothing that would be considered bad.I must admit I found a couple of the pub toilets worse than the public ones.



I have a bladder the size of a walnut and as I like to drink lots of beer,finding a place to relive oneself is very important.keep your eyes open and you should not have a problem.



Compared to my home city of Edinburgh the Prague public toilets are fine.




|||



For anybody else with a walnut sized bladder (thanks for that Uncle Gus), you%26#39;ll find a little section at www.livingprague.com/extra.htm which has a list of my favourite toilets and the rules/prices etc. Crass or what.





Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment