Friday, March 23, 2012

Travellers Hostel and Pension Dlouha

I am traveling with a young married couple who will be staying in the hostel Dlouha. I will be staying in the Maximillian.





Can you tell me what kind of accommodation they can expect in this hostel. Will it be quiet?




|||



depends what type of room they have paid for. The reviews on this site for private rooms or apartments with showers are good, but I guess it may be very different if your friends stay in a shared room or a dormitory.





Personally, I would offer them your bed at the Maximilian and sleep on the floor there




|||



They will be staying in a private room for $35 per night. My concern, though, is about the noise. My daughter, who is studying in Prague this semester, says that there is a big club called the Roxy, which is located right near or right below the Hostel. This couple wants some peace and quiet, not partying, thus my concern. Any sense of what they can expect with regard to a night of sleep?




|||



Roxy is located in the basement of the building and without appearing snobbery, the building does appear to attract some interesting characters. I personally would not take my wife to stay there




|||



We stayed on the top floor of Pension Dlouha three times in the apartments and had a great time each visit. On one occasion we had to stay on the second floor in the actual hostel section. It can get a little noisy on the second and third floor, not from Roxy, but from the other guests. I think the bar is on the third floor so that will be noisiest. If they are hoping for quiet, they may wel be disappointed. However, if they are in the apartments, top floor, then they should be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment