Thursday, April 19, 2012

for peb7

Peb7





hi



Since our last thread I have visited a site called living prague.com basically he is saying that the area I have booked into around florenc etc is not safe to walk about at night, (not acording to beautifulswan) as i consider your advice, to be knowledgable, would you recommend I change my area/hotel. Normally my routine on these trips; I would walk/public transport during the day, then taxi, at night when %26quot;worse for wear%26quot;. I would consider myself reasonable streetwise.





many thanks again.





mountjoy




|||



Sova, one of the Tripadvisor Prague Experts runs the Living Prague site, so we should bear his views into account.





Florenc is a bit run down, there are cases of people being attacked, but such ocurrences are far smaller than in the UK. Most of the attacks are single person to single person and not groups of people being attacked. Petty thieving happens in Prague, but it is just as likely to happen in the city centre as in Florenc





So far though, noone has attacked me and I have done the walking journey from Florenc metro for goodness knows how many years so far and in the dark to and from home to work





Beseda Bonsai is on a side street in Florenc. If you don%26#39;t like the sound of that, take a hotel on the main well lit street that runs through Florenc, being Sokolovska, such as the Mucha or the Ibis Praha Karlin, and you can take a tram almost right outside the door to Florenc metro or to the centre.





Or if you don%26#39;t like Florenc at all, go for some hotels slightly nearer in town such as the Best Western Bila Labut, Axa, Harmony, Merkur or Opera, but read the reviews on this site first to see if they are what you want.





Or as I said on an earlier post, go for tyhe new Hotel Ibis opening in Na porici street in April. Hotels often have opening offers to fill them up

No comments:

Post a Comment