Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Prague to Budapest

Traveling to Prague for 8 days. Thinking of going to Budapest for 2 nights. Is this a trip others would recommend? Is upgrading to first class on the train worthwhile? Any input on whether this is a good choice considering that I do not have a lot of time in Europe?




|||



I loved Budapest when I was there. GO it is worth your time and money.



Amazing sites to see around the city. When I went it was the place I least wanted to go to on the trip and it ended up being the first place I would go back to.!!



You should do more research on your own though to make sure that they have what your looking for(art, mueseums, parks, markets, etc.).





If you like Praha, you like Budapest!?




|||



think if you have 2 nights to spare, you are better going off to Cesky Krumlov, Vienna or Berlin. After Prague, Budapest is very diappointing.



Well worth upgrading for first class on train travel in Europe, as the prices are not that high for the extra peace and quiet that you get




|||



Last summer I came to Prague, stayed some nights and set of to Cesky Krumlov. I spent 3 nights there. Wounderful place to explore.



After Cesky Krumlov i took the train to Budapest.



As Peb says, after Prague, Budapest is a little bit disapointing. I changed my travel plans, took the night train back to Prague and had the rest of my holliday there.





2 days,,,, go to Cesky Krumlov, you will love it.




|||



Can anyone tell me about how much a train is from Prague to Budapest? I looked on the dahne website but it says no pricing available. I am trying to decide whether to go for 3 days and found a cheap room in an apartment through this site but am concerned about the price of the train.





Thanks,



A.J.




|||



Prague to Budapest should be 1256 CZK oneway, 2nd class. 1888 CZK in 1st class.




|||



Thank you very much. That sounds a lot better than the prices I was finding on the internet. Now we will be able to go to Budapest!




|||



Colleagues of mine asked a similar question a while back when they had a choice of Munich of Budapest. I said Budapest only because the train timetables are better i.e. a mid morning train there and a late morning train back. Might actually go myself one day.





Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment