Tuesday, April 17, 2012

U Modre Kachnicky - The Blue Duckling - Rude rude rude staff

I had read on this site that this place had one of the most romantic dining rooms in Prague. I had made the reservation for the last night of a three night stay in Prague with my Fiancee as I wished to do something special.





The setting was nice, the food was ok but our evening was COMPLETELY spoiled by the unbelieavble rudeness of the staff





We are the kind of people who like to spend a few hours over dinner and drink a few bottles of wine but our evening was so spoiled by their gruff unattentive manner that we simply ate our meal and left. As well as being rude our waiter served us an Irish Coffee where the cream had completely curdled and sunk to the bottom of the glass then walked off without so much as an apology.(being irish and a former barmaid this was extra insulting)





I had hoped this was an isolated incident but when I got back to our hotel and told the receptionist how disappointed we had been with the staff they said we were not the first people to feel this way and told us horror stories of customers at the restaurant being openly confronted about the amount of a tip they had left!





Incidently we had left a generous tip but then considered the fact that the staff had spoiled our evening and took it back.





I will return to Prague, but not to this restaurant




|||



What a shame about your spoilt evening. This restaurant looked so unusual and special on their website.I was looking forward to booking this restaurant as an anniversary treat for ourselves in April, but this has made me rethink.



Can anyone suggest an alternative romantic restaurant, with good czech food!!




|||



Try Palffy Palac in Mala Strana. And as it is set up for locals rather than for tourists (and so they don%26#39;t care about the fact that you will never come back), the service is of a proper standard




|||



I am so sorry to hear that--we were there over Christmas and had the most wonderfully attentive service. I hope things have not gone downhill that quickly there!

No comments:

Post a Comment