Sunday, April 15, 2012

Need advice on transportation from Prague, Telc, and C...

Hello Everyone,



My husband and I will be in Prague around the middle of October 2006(could be a little later, trying desperately to make the schedule up!).





We thought we would spend 2 days in Prague, then go to Telc overnight and then on to C. Krumlov.and spend 2 days there as I think there is more to see there than Telc.





My problem is, we can take a bus to Telc but not sure from where or where it stops. Do you need to take a taxi from the bus station?





Then from Telc we will go to C. Krumlov. However, I have no idea how to get there! Nor, how to get to Salzburg which would be our next stop after C.Krumlov.





Does this sound like a workable plan or not. I originally was going to go to Karlovy Vary but after reading so much about C.K. I have changed Our:-)) minds.





I have found hotels etc(except for Prague) so am ok there. Also,I have no idea what language is spoken here. I always try to at least know the most important words in the language of the country I am in. Is any English spoken at all.





I would imagine that it is getting cold here in these beautiful little towns around this time of year. Heavy or light jackets or just a real good warm sweater. Whatever it is we will probably be wearing it not packing it as we only take 1 small carryon and a backpack. It always proves to be quite the challenge especially with a %26quot;formal%26quot; night on the ship.



Then there is always my trusty $1 store unbrella and rain cape I throw away at the end of every trip.





We fly into Paris on Oct. 10 and work our way over eventually to Venice going down to a little town north of Rome called Civita Di Bagnoregio and then up to Venice for our last 2 days before we transatlantic back to Galveston Texas.





We have never been in this part of Europe before so any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated. Everyone on TA made our first trip to Paris a wonderful experience! I don%26#39;t know what I would do without everyone on this site!





Thanks again for any help you can give us.





Oh, I have found the %26quot;infamous%26quot; Becherovka here in good old Lake Placid NY!!! Also the address somone posted for them in New Jersey,I know exactly where that street is. What a coincidence! Am going to buy me a bottle and give it a whirl! How can we not after all everyone has said about it. If no one hears from me for about a week you know I liked it tooooooooooo much!



Again thanks!




|||



Hi,





We%26#39;re going to Prague in May, and originally I wanted to go to Cesky Krumlov, but we decided against renting a car. The train from Prague to Cesky is almost 4 hours with 2 stops. There are day trips from Prague, but if you have a car, the travel is part of the fun. I%26#39;m bummed we won%26#39;t get to see it - it%26#39;s described like a fairytale place.

No comments:

Post a Comment